Summer is around the corner! This always introduces changes to your family's schedule and daily activities. There's no better time to start developing new, healthy, nutritious habits. Here are a few helpful hints to make the most out of the opportunities summer can...
• Go to the store with a list and stick to it
• Organize your list to prevent going down additional isles
• Don’t shop while you are hungry
• Shop the perimeter of the store, where fresh foods are usually located
• Buy fruits and vegetables that are in season
Proper nutrition is vital for your body to function at its full potential. A lesser-known factor in proper nutrition is the role of potassium. Potassium maintains fluid balance and keeps your heart, brain, nerves, and muscles functioning properly. Adding potassium in...
Weight Loss Goals: Use the MyPlate design to ensure your plate is filled with your favorite fresh foods including fruits and vegetables. To enjoy dairy, try some Greek yogurt, and be sure to add some fresh berries or honey if you have a sweet tooth!